![]() |
| Copenhagen Attractions |
What to do in Copenhagen? What are the main attractions and sights?
We stayed 3 whole days + one afternoon and one morning in Copenhagen. We liked it a lot. At first, I confess that I found the city "strange", funny that I had a lot of expectation with respect to Copenhagen and less with Stockholm, and that influences a lot. I loved Stockholm, and as I was arriving in Copenhagen from it, comparisons were inevitable. Copenhagen reminded me of Amsterdam. It is a strange city in some places, but very nice in others. In the end, I found a nice city, but it was still behind Stockholm
It is worth remembering that the currency here is the Danish crown. The debit/credit card is used for almost everything, so we use little money. Bring Euros and change here.
I will start with the attractions that I liked the most in the city, which I consider not to be missed - the old port of Nyhavn is a mega tourist but it is a very nice place, with several restaurants and very photogenic, day or night. You can also go on boat trips (Canal Tours) from here. This is a well-traveled tour by tourists, but we do not enjoy it very much so we prefer to explore the city on foot. A recent film that shows this region and a little more of the city is The Danish Girl.
The Frederiksborg Palace houses the National History Museum, which has very interesting wings. But the icing on the cake is the gorgeous and clean gardens! Attraction included in the Copenhagen Card! It is in Hillerod, about 1 hour by train from the center of Copenhagen.
Another place worth visiting in the city is Rosenborg Castle. It does not draw much attention to its small size, but it has beautiful gardens and the Museum that houses the jewels of the Danish Crown is awesome! The pieces are protected by glass and grids and there are guards, alarms, and cameras on all sides. The entrance and exit doors resemble that of a safe.
The Danish Parliament, which runs at Christiansborg Slot (or Palace), is worth a visit (and is also included in the Copenhagen Card). There are several spaces open to visitation. Like in the Imperial Museum of PetrĂ³polis (RJ), we had to put protection on the feet so as not to spoil/scratch the floor.
From there we still have a panoramic view of the city, climbing in the tower - Target (which is closed on Monday and on other days opens from 11am to 9pm). However, I did not find the view from here great thing, in the text, I show other places that are worth more! I recommend the shop, with very beautiful souvenirs and great souvenirs of travel.
A region that I enjoyed to stroll and to walk, is the region of Stroget, with shops and exclusive streets for pedestrians. If you want to shop in Copenhagen, there are several brands and brands around here. We went on a weekend and it was packed.
If you visit this part of the city, you can climb the Round Tower (Rundetaarn), an old astronomical observatory that today has one of the most famous panoramic views of the city. And there are no stairs, you go up a ramp to get on the top, I found it very different and unusual.
Another cool place to take a view from the top in Copenhagen and take panoramic photos is the Vorfrelserskirke with its spiral tower where there is a narrow and scary staircase !! Venta too and it seems that we will fall from there,
In my opinion, here we have the best views of the city. Closely together is Christiania's "alternative society," but I personally had no interest in knowing
Unless it has some specific interest, the prefecture region does not have great charm, it is a bit dirty and badly frequented:
... and the building of the Opera is worth the photo, even if you do not go to any event in the place.
Near our hotel was also the fort Kastellet, the pier, and park Langelinie and in the same region is the statue of the Little Mermaid. There are several other beautiful statues in the park. We went by bike and took a walk there.
For those travelling to Copenhagen with children, both the Tivoli Amusement Park and the Tycho Brahe Planetarium can be interesting programs. Both are included on the Copenhagen Card. The catch is that it gives you the right to enter Tivoli Park, but if you want to go in the toys, you have to pay for single tickets or stripes. We went on a roller coaster and a few more toys, and I can say it was very expensive. We spent over $ 200 for the 2 of us for about 6 rides. But even if you do not want to play, the park is pleasant for a walk and has several restaurants. Just be aware of the time of your trip if you want to visit Tivoli Park, since it opens only from April to September and then at the end of the year for Christmas, usually from the end of November to 31 December.
The planetarium is small, more aimed at small children, we think we would have more information about sciences, but what we found even cooler was the IMAX cinema, where we saw a movie.
If you are travelling to Copenhagen and you have doubts about the Copenhagen Card, this post topic should help you. First, you should go to their website: https://www.flights-to-bangkok.co.uk There you have a field to mark how many places you want to visit during your stay, and then it shows the value of the discount. If you do not have a discount, it will not be worth much for you. But be aware: with it you have access to public transport (buses, trains, and subways - including one way and/or back to the airport), so even if it is the same value, it pays to buy the Copenhagen Card, apart from the convenience of not having to Get into the box office at every attraction. See that for my 5 days in the city, my husband and I would save 68.40 EUR. But the discount was even higher as we visited more attractions covered by the card and had not planned to visit.

No comments:
Post a Comment